This week’s prompt for the #MFRWAuthors Blog Challenge is Top 5 Places I’d Like to Visit. I seem to talk about travel a lot these days. So here’s my list:
1. The British Isles, ever and always on the top of my list. Yes, I’ve been there before, but I only saw a little bit of what is to offer on those little islands. I’d like to spend more time in the Scottish Highlands, see more of Ireland, the northern part of England, and I’d like to visit Wales, the only place I haven’t been to at all. I have roots in the British Isles and I feel sort of home there. Well, not at Urquart Castle, which is a picturesque ruin.
2. Germany, where the rest of my roots are. On my trip last fall, I got to see a bit of the Bavarian countryside as we drove from Prague to Regensburg to board out river boat. The next morning we had a short walking tour of this charming little city. The picture below doesn’t do it justice. I’d like to see a lot more of Germany, with at least a day cruise on the Rhine. Gotta see that Lorelei Rock before I push off into the great unknown.
3. Croatia. I’ve been dying to see Dubrovnik ever since I heard of it, and the Plitvice Lakes National Park looks absolutely stunning. I’d also like to continue to Slovenia to see Lake Bled and the capital city, Ljubljana.
4. New Zealand. I went to Australia in my twenties, but missed New Zealand, which must have some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. I’m thinking cruise.
5. Iceland. I think it would be fascinating to visit such a remote, unique place. Maybe in the fall (if I think I can stand the temperature) because I’m dying to see the Aurora Borealis, and it will never be visible in Southern California. My friend Rebecca wants to go to Finland and spend a night in a glass igloo, and maybe we’ll get there some day.
And of course there are loads of places in the US and Canada I’d like to see, for instance Glacier National Park. But I’m dreaming big today.
What five places would you like to visit?
Click on the linky list below for more #MFRWAuthors blog challenge posts.